The Russian Orthodox Church. Department for External Church Relations
Maintain the Church's relations with Local Orthodox Churches, non-Orthodox Churches, Christian organisations and non-Christian religious communities, as well as governmental, parliamentary, inter-governmental, religious, public bodies abroad, and public international organisations.
DECR was founded by the Holy Synod on 4 April 1946, when the development of the Church's external activities made it urgent to establish a special church body for sustaining this essential aspect of church life. As of 2019 some DECR functions were transferred to the newly-established department for church-state relations, which was creted to maintain relations with legislative bodies, political parties, trade unions, creative profession associations and other institutes of the civil society in the canonical territory of the Moscow Patriarchate.