Lecturer, Artha Wacana Christian University
Rince Felpina Manao was born in Soe, West Timor, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia. She graduated from Artha Wacana Christian University, at Kupang with a degree in theology in 2015. She started her career at the Association of Indonesian Christian Scholars for Islamic Study. Currently, she is pursuing graduate studies at Artha Wacana Christian University, and works as a lecturer assistant teaching Islamology. Her interests lie in theology and Islamology and she wrote her thesis on the role of religious organizations in her region in interreligious dialogue. She often participates in various interreligious dialogue events and also offers assistance to researchers working on interreligious dialogue within her region.
She finds value in meeting “the other” and helping religious life to gain strength. For Rince, interreligious dialogue is a chance to be aware of the spiritual experience of other religions, as well as to strengthen one’s own religious life. If people of different religions dialogue with each other, it leads not only to greater understanding, but also builds cooperation, harmony and peace.
Interreligious Activities and Initiatives
School of Peace
The training and supports in this project are lectures by scholars and religous leaders, and also discourses by believers. The subject are:
- Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
- Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue
- Multicultural Studies in Effort to Building Peeace
- The Implant of Plurality Values through Tolerant-Inclusive Religious Education
- Christian in East Nusa Tenggara Building Peace (Religious Tradition and The Choice of Violence or Non Violence in the History, The Exertion for Peace Building in East Nusa Tenggara)
- Islam in East Nusa Tenggara Building Peace (Religious Tradition and The Choice of Violence or Non Violence in the History, The Exertion for Peace Building in East Nusa Tenggara)
On the other hand, participants visit places of religious importance, participate in rituals, meet with communities there and discuss with their leaders.